Friday, May 20, 2016

Is it always wrong to hate?

Is it always wrong to hate? Ecclesiastes 3:8 says there is, "A time to love, and a time to hate."

Things God hates:
Proverbs 6:16-19 These six things the LORD hates, yes, seven are an abomination to Him:  A proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren.

Proverbs 11:20 Those who are of a perverse heart are an abomination to the LORD, but the blameless in their ways are His delight.

Proverbs 15:8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD, but the prayer of the upright is His delight.

Proverbs 15:9 The way of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD, but He loves him who follows righteousness.

Proverbs 17:15 He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the just, both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD.

Proverbs 20:10 Diverse weights and diverse measures, they are both alike, an abomination to the LORD.

Deuteronomy 25:16 For all who do such things, all who behave unrighteously, are an abomination to the LORD your God.

Psalms 11:5 The LORD tests the righteous, but the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.

Isaiah 61:8 For I, the LORD, love justice; I hate robbery for burnt offering;

Zechariah 8:17 Let none of you think evil in your heart against your neighbor; and do not love a false oath. For all these are things that I hate, says the LORD.

Psalms 5:5 The boastful shall not stand in Your sight; You hate all workers of iniquity.

Psalms 45:7 You love righteousness and hate wickedness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.

Things that believers should hate:
Psalms 101:3 I will set nothing wicked before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; It shall not cling to me.

Psalms 119:104 Through Your precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way.

Psalms 119:113 I hate the double-minded, but I love Your law.

Psalms 119:128 Therefore all Your precepts concerning all things I consider to be right; I hate every false way.

Psalms 119:163 I hate and abhor lying, but I love Your law.

Psalms 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them my enemies.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way and the perverse mouth I hate.

Psalms 97:10 You who love the LORD, hate evil! He preserves the souls of His saints; He delivers them out of the hand of the wicked.

Psalms 101:3 I will set nothing wicked before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; It shall not cling to me.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way and the perverse mouth I hate.

Amos 5:15 Hate evil, love good; Establish justice in the gate. It may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph.

Luke 14:26 If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.

Those who hate God are wrong:
Exodus 20:5 You shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me.

Numbers 10:35 So it was, whenever the ark set out, that Moses said: "Rise up, O LORD! Let Your enemies be scattered, And let those who hate You flee before You."

Deuteronomy 7:10 And He repays those who hate Him to their face, to destroy them. He will not be slack with him who hates Him; He will repay him to his face.

Deuteronomy 32:41 If I whet My glittering sword, and My hand takes hold on judgment, I will render vengeance to My enemies, and repay those who hate Me.

Job 8:22 Those who hate you will be clothed with shame, and the dwelling place of the wicked will come to nothing.

Psalms 5:5 The boastful shall not stand in Your sight; You hate all workers of iniquity.

Psalms 68:1 Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered; let those also who hate Him flee before Him.

John 7:7 The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil.

Those who hate others are wrong:
Leviticus 19:17 You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him.

Matthew 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.

1 John 2:9 He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now.

1 John 2:11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

1 John 3:15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

No comments: